The National Eye Institute (NEI) recommends the following ways to find the best optometrist for you:
- Check with family and friends to recommend an experienced optometrist.
- Check with your insurance company for a list of optometrists covered under your plan.
- The optometric association can be contacted for a list of eye doctors.
- You can call the hospital for details if they have an optometry department.
- Ask other health professionals including your family doctor, dentist, pharmacist, or nurse.
By Dr. Cook, O.D.